A green room is a term from the theatre, a place offstage where performers hang out before and after their turns onstage. As a writer, characters are my stock in trade. I don’t know if all writers have this sort of mental green room, but I’ve heard of many whose characters talk to them. Sometimes to the point where it gets downright annoying!
- Panel 1: A Paper Camera selfie.
- Panel 2: A photo I took and printed in 1985. An old camper shell on my parents’ property, set on the ground and overtaken by blackberry vines.
- Panel 3: A stock photo, grayscaled.
- Panel 4: A Paper Camera photo, shot recently.
- Panel 5: A Paper Camera photo, extreme closeup of a faux granite floor.
- Panel 6: A portrait obtained through the Portrait Adoption website. Art by Nicole Cadet.